Transglutaminase(TGase) is a monomer protein with an active center consisting of 331 amino groups. It It catalyzes the L-Lysine’s r-aroylamino binding to the glutamic acid’s. So the covalent crosslinking among the proteins or peptides is happened and the polymer of covalent compounds is formed. In the food industry, TGase is applied to improve several functional characteristics of meat and protein products, such as improving the meat’s structure, gel characteristic, elasticity, keeping the water and grease and so on. At the same time, some essential amino acid such as lysine is protected from maillard reaction.
Product Name: Transglutaminase
CAS No: 80146-85-6
EINECS No: 232-554-6
Molecular formula: C27H44O3H2O
Molecular Weight: 38000
Solubility: Soluble in water
Appearance: White Powder
Storage: Cool Dry Place
1. Extend red meat, poultry and fish.
2.Raise the viscosity and consistency
3. Reduces water synereses and whey separation
4. Enhance yogurt gel strength
5. Improve the dough elasticity, volume and texture
6. Improve flour with low gluten content
7. Perfect for low salt production
8. Increase cheese yield up to 13-15%
1. In meat processing: improve texture, taste, and promote cross-linking.
2.In dairy products: improve stability, viscosity, and reduce whey precipitation.
3.In noodle products: improve quality and increase yield.
4.In soy protein: improve the propertyies of the product and increase the nutritional value the product.
5.In brittle dessert: prevent the softening
6.In fruit and vegetables: improve mineral absorption in the intestinal tract
7.In fish products: improve texture and appearance, significantly increase gel strength
8. In fat, oil and protein: pork substitute with good texture and taste
How to use it?
TGase can be widely used in aquatic products, ham, sausage, noodles, tofu and so on. Under the condition of 40-45℃ and pH6-7, only 0.1-0.3% TGase can achieve obvious effect.